We are honored to invite you to the 3rd Annual Flame Fest!A Getaway for Firefighters and their Hottest Flame At the gorgeous Resort at Glade Springs West Virginia, June 4-7, 2015
Experience an adventurous and romantic weekend get away focused on fun, relaxation and strengthening your marriage.Meet other firefighters and their spouses from around the country.
Have FUN participating in adventures at Glade Springs
Hear speakers and participate in workshops on topics:
- Life as a Firefighter's Family
- Communication and Intimacy in marriage
- Whole body wellness - mental and physical - for the firefighter and the wife
There is something for everyone at Flame Fest 2015...
- An outdoor cookout and bonfire with live music
- The Flame Fest Ball - a chance to dress up and enjoy your handsome husband / wife for an elegant evening
- Various outdoor activities to choose from: Archery, Swimming, Canoeing, Horseback Riding, Hiking, Golf and more
- And for those who want to just chill and relax, an onsite spa and amazing Executive Suite lodging
Workshops and PresentationsThis is not your typical retreat or boring conference. Expect to be active, engaged and entertained.
Dan and Lori Mercer
Chief Fire Wife and Founders of FirefighterWife.com
Lori and Dan will bring you fresh topics in the fire service that impact our lives everyday. You are guaranteed to be inspired and motivated while relating to the all too common issues in fire families and how these couples have overcome them.
Dan and Lori have been married for 12 years and have 4 children (3 together and 1 from a previous marriage). They will share their insights on:
- Staying healthy and well with a fire family lifestyle
- Communications and Logistics for fire families
- The changing face of the fire service (pensions, many retirees, more dangers) and what it means for our futures
Special Workshop with the National Fallen Firefighter Foundation
We never want to be the recipient of services from NFFF, nor know anyone that does, but it doesn't mean we should put our head in the sand and ignore that a line of duty death is a possibility as a firefighter.
At this workshop, we are going to keep things simple and all business. It's not for sitting around with sad faces thinking about "what if". It's to take that time, while you are alone in a quiet, intimate space with your spouse, to be sure you are prepared. To have the right documentation and knowledge and to know each other's wishes.
NFFF are the ultimate experts in LODD benefits and services and will walk us through quickly and efficiently so you can check that plan off the list and move on to living and loving each other in the here and now.
The Fire Critic, Rhett and Becky Fleitz
Sponsor of the Fire Wife Touch-A-Truck Event
Rhett Fleitz is the Fire Critic, blogging over at FireCritic.com since 2005 where he provides commentary on serious, humorous, funny, and thought provoking topics related to the Fire and EMS Service. His Fire Wife, Becky, is a member of the Fire Wife Sisterhood.
Rhett and his crew are leading the efforts for the "Fire Wife Touch-a-Truck" activity at Flame Fest 2015.
This event allows the wives to try on the gear, breathe air, drag some hose line, throw some water and....a few more fun surprises we are adding this year!
It was definitely a highlight of Flame Fest 2014. There is something about the wives watching their firefighters all discuss the bests and worsts of various products and tools and then watching them glow with happiness as their wives gave it a try.
We're excited to have Rhett support Flame Fest 2015 with his expertise and partners for this event.
COMMITMENT: Fire Marriage Certification
Don't worry. There isn't a test. But you'll love the graduation reward!
The theme of this years Flame Fest is COMMITMENT.
To Our Marriages. Our families. Our Health. Our Purpose.
As you journey through the events planned, you will be completing your own Fire Marriage Certification program along the way with mementos and tools you collect in each activity.
We don't want to spill all the details because it ruins the effect but here are some ideas of what you can expect:
- to be partnered with "crews" of other fire couples to share insights and experiences with
- to have time alone with your spouse to talk more, listen more or just reconnect over topics which are important to share in a marriage
- to learn how firefighters and their spouses have adapted their marriage and family life while honoring the fire service requirements
- a chance to adventure together on the activity of your choice
- a little spicy intimacy, a few tough questions to ponder and a lot of reassuring wisdom will leave you closer than ever to your spouse
- a fun and romantic Flame Fest Ball where we will recreate the magic of your wedding day with vow renewal, first dances, carriage rides and a few more surprises
- bonfire chats will cap off the evenings as you connect with like minded couples and you burn the past, offer forgiveness and launch off with a fresh focus on your marriage
All presented by experts you trust in the fire service.
Not your average retreat or boring conference. This is one of a kind event.
SponsorshipsNo event of this scale can happen without sponsors. If you or someone you know is interested, please have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Big thanks to our partner QALO for being the premier sponsor of Flame Fest 2015
All attendees of Flame Fest 2015 will receive His and Hers QALO rings for attending.
Thank you to the American Addiction Center for their Chief level sponsorship and providing all the videography services for our event!
?Arrival, Meet and Greet and Resort Activities 12:00 - 5:00 PM
Welcome Event, Dinner and Activities 6:30 - 9:30 PM
Large Group Speakers and Sessions Morning 9:00 AM - Noon
Noon Buffet Lunch (included in your registration cost)
Optional interactive sessions in small groups with the speakers 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Free time to partake in the resort activities 3:00 - 5:00 PM
The Flame Fest Ball! Banquet Dinner with Keynote Speaker, Music and Fun Evening
Choose Your Romantic Adventure?From horse back riding to canoeing to hiking to geocaching, archery and more.? (*some activities require an additional fee) Morning
Boxed Lunch in the Rotunda or To-Go for a Romantic Picnic Lunch
"Touch-a-Truck" Fire Wife Style?Get hands on with firefighters gear and try a little skills competition amongst fire wives plus fun activities sponsored by our vendors and sponsors Afternoon
Bonfire, Cookout and Live Music under the stars Evening
Leisurely (Late) Brunch