It’s that time of year again, and the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping piled on top of shift work and overtime and holiday parades and awards banquets…is enough to turn anyone into the Grinch.
With all of the holiday insanity, it can be so easy to slip into complacency and forget to nurture the intimacy in your marriage.
A few years ago we released a free E-book called The 12 Steamy Days of Christmas. It is FULL of ideas on how to surprise your firefighter with notes, gifts, actions, etc. to Fire Up Your Love Life and keep the spark alive during what can sometimes be a trying time. (Firefighters…. take note. You can also adapt this book to work for YOU to do for your spouse too 😉 )
Some of our favorites from last year included;
- baking him some homemade goodies and slipping them into his bag for his next shift with a little note about how much I appreciate him;
- lingerie neatly wrapped and tied with a bow (this was given to him on the plane on our way to our honeymoon…it was fun watching him contemplate what we’d do when we got there);
- a full body massage by the fire place using a massage candle and romantic music playing in the background, nothing like a little Marvin Gaye to get things going;
- and my personal favorite was the lap dance by the lit Christmas tree to Santa Baby (make sure your kids are out of the house…that could be embarrassing).CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE EBOOK NOW 😉
Latest posts by Jessie - (see all)
- Fire Family Protocols: Lessen the Spread of Contagions from the Firehouse to Home - March 19, 2020
- Social Distancing: Covid-19 - March 19, 2020
- Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff (But When is it Small Stuff?!) - January 17, 2020