I’m already feeling “nesty” about the back to school season. It always signifies a good reset and restart for me to finish out the year, hit my goals and really live a life that is full with purpose. So when I saw the title and description of Lysa TerKeurst’s new book “The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands”, I knew I had to read it. And so did our fire wife community! It’s the perfect study for this busy group of women always striving to be their best.
Here are a couple of juicy quotes from the book to chew on:
- “When a woman lives with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule, she’ll ache with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul.” Chapter 3
- “You know you’re caught in the rip current of people pleasing when you dread saying yes, but feel powerless to say no.” Chapter 11
- “Saying yes all the time won’t make me Wonder Woman. It will make me a worn out woman.” Chapter 12
- “Relationships can complicate things. But they also have the power to force us into a much simpler rhythm.” Chapter 15 titled “The Thrill of the Unrushed Yes” ooooooo! That makes me feel good just to read the title!
And in case you still aren’t convinced….a synopsis of the book from the publisher:
Are you living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul?
Lysa TerKeurst is learning that there is a big difference between saying yes to everyone and saying yes to God. In The Best Yes she will help you:
– Cure the disease to please with a biblical understanding of the command to love.
– Escape the guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no.
– Overcome the agony of hard choices by embracing a wisdom based decision-making process.
– Rise above the rush of endless demands and discover your best yes today
Lysa TerKeurst is the New York Times bestselling author of Made to Crave and Unglued. She isn’t shy about admitting what a mess she can be. But in the midst of everyday “growth opportunities,” she’s been learning God’s lessons and sharing them on her blog (www.LysaTerKeurst.com) and in her books. Lysa is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and writes from her sticky farm table in North Carolina where she lives with her husband, Art, five kids, three dogs, and mouse that refuses to leave her kitchen.
How to Participate in the Online Group Study for Fire Wives
1. Purchase your copy of the book at this link by Friday August 15th (10 PM EST)
(Please note that this is the same price as is offered on the publishers website but we need to purchase in bulk for our group in order to receive the bonuses. So all participants must purchase as this link please.)
2. Look for your copy of the book in the mail by August 30th.
3. Look for an email the week of August 18th with links to these bonuses
- The Best Yes Audio Book
- New exclusive mini eBook from Lysa TerKeurst
- A 2 minute “Thank you!” video from Lysa
- 25 beautiful, sharable, printable quote images from the book
- A keynote video message from Lysa TerKeurst about the heart of The Best Yes
4. By August 25th, you will be added to the private facebook group for our book study where you will find a schedule of dates for when we will be reviewing each session, group chat times and more. This online community format is flexible so you can “say yes” to when it best fits your schedule and lifestyle.
5. And if we are able to reserve 100 books by Friday August 15th, our group will receive a live online video conference with Lysa herself! (To be scheduled)
For those who are not already members of the Fire Wife Sisterhood (our private online community for wives, fiances and girlfriends of firefighters), you will receive a special code to register for free access to our sisterhood during the 6 week study.
If you are the “study guide” type, there is also a study guide available for purchase separately here on Amazon.
We already have 30 registered attendees as of Tuesday August 12th 8 am. Let’s fill this up with 70 more!!
Latest posts by Lori Mercer (see all)
- A Cry For Help From The Homefront of the First Responder Mental Health Crisis - June 4, 2020
- Family First, FDIC, or Both? - April 20, 2018
- When Fire Life Meets Fire Wife Entrepreneurship: how to stay married - June 14, 2017