We have heard this comment so often in fire wife discussions and no doubt does it bring an undercurrent of distrust and lack of transparency in marriage.

Scenarios range from husbands picking random girls on Facebook and starting a “get to know you chat” to old friends who come back into their life, to ex’s who want to “keep in touch”, to even co-workers, colleagues, and friends who start to ‘cross that line’ in private messages.

By the way this applies to all social media platforms, websites and text messaging, we aren’t picking on Facebook.  Any place you could have a private one-on-one conversation with a member of the opposite sex.  AND…it goes for you wives as well. We know that it isn’t just men, we just happen to hear from more women here at FirefighterWife.com.

Listen, we all know men and women are going to interact with each other all the time in life.  That’s how it works.  So if you are one of those spouses whose skin crawls every time your other half is in contact with someone else, you definitely have some significant issues to work on in your marriage.   That’s not where we are going here, that’s something you can and should seek resolution for out though.

What we are going to talk about is healthy boundaries.

In fact, this all boils down to one simple test.  The Coffee Talk Test.

What is The Coffee Talk Test?

Picture this – Could you sit in a coffee shop and have the same interactions and conversations with that person outside of your marriage… with your spouse also at the table?  Does your spouse find this appropriate or would there be a problem for them to be able to see and hear your interaction?

That’s simple, right?

It doesn’t get any more simple than that.  It really be applied to every relationship.  All marriages will have different boundaries based on your individual needs, but this test works for any marriage.

As long as you are not recently recovering from an infidelity in your marriage, this test should always work.

May this topic open some healthy growth conversations in your marriage!

Find Your Way through the Fire Life with Fire Wife Academy

This self-paced course covers all of the best topics from our book, Honor and Commitment: Standard Life Operating Guidelines for Firefighters & Their Families.

It's designed for women who are new to fire life.  From just engaged to newlyweds, to long-time wives who find themselves thrust into a new life when their spouse becomes a firefighter later in marriage.  This sister, is for you!

This course includes an intro, overview, additional resources and challenges for each of the 17 chapters you'll find inside of Honor and Commitment.  Plus a Bonus Module: More Than A Fire Wife.

The following two tabs change content below.
On a mission to be and inspire us all to be better humans, to strengthen fire families & marriages, to nurture and encourage fire wives, do "good business" in all areas of my life and of course, love on my 4 kids.

Latest posts by Firefighter Wife (see all)

32 Comments

1. Carla

My feeling about this is if you have to hide it then it’s wrong. I don’t care if the excuse is well my wife is jealous. She has a reason to be jealous. Sneaking is a major cause. I like the Starbucks situation.

• Jay

Do you need to clone or mirror a cheating partners’ phone to your for evidences of infidelity? I’ll implore you to allow experts do the job for you, I have used the service of StealthyHacks earlier when I needed to gain access into my spouses’ phone and they did an amazing job, send a request to StealthyHacks at Gmail com for their quotes.

2. mable

My husband and I will be married 35 year’s in june. Have I ever had a thought he was or had an affair or even though of him doing it doesn’t even crossing my mine. But for him it’s the opposite but after our first 3 year’s that stoped. I told him god chose him for me & me only & I never would have married him if there we’re any doubts. But anything can happen but we put god first we have had our share or troubles but you talk it out & let the other one know what your feeling & why. My husband worked away for more than a month at a time. He has worked with as many women as he has men & I have worked with as many men as women. We have also did councilor to but it was because we both agreed that it couldn’t hurt & with 3 children we both loved each other. We are in our 50s & both disable but we both still volunteer for the fire department and the department we we’re in before ran a ambulance service. We both have ambulance license he went back to school for his emt and I have my first responder. We we’re lucky we got to work together and we’re also are still in the other fire department & still volunteering. Some people don’t understand how we can spend all our time together. But I will say this our children are grown with children of their own now & it’s just the two us and I love spending all my time with him 24/7 365 day’s a year with him. If he’s gone for more than an hour I start to worry not about a woman but because of his health. Praying for all the ems worker’s & there family & praying for there safety and please remember that alot that happens on the job that they can’t talk about what happened because it’s against the law. Just pray for god to lead you.

3. Fee

There have actually been some problems (inappropriate text messages between male and female firefighters) at my hubby’s station. My husband says not to get involved or cause drama for the department. ( I support the other fire wives when they’re so heartbroken from the situation.) Sadly I received messages from another fire fighter and am afraid to say anything for fear of. “causing drama” for the department .

• Lori Mercer - WifeOnFire

This is not a department issue. This is a personal issues. Address it as a personal issue. Just because someone is a firefighter at the same department, doesn’t mean you can’t address a topic that is inappropriate, like texting you inappropriately. Be supportive for those other heart broken wives. Or send them to our community for the Rescue My Marriage program (FirefighterWife.com/rescuemymarriage)

4. Kelly Longley

I Am having a problem like this My man is texting and calling a woman and its done in hiding , goes by her house and helps her mind you we have been together for many years , so asked him whats going on tells me she is only a friend, another item he has a tablet he uses and guess what only her number is on it and he wont introduce me to the other woman and to me this stuff is cheating. any suggestions or Ideas ?

• Lori Mercer - WifeOnFire

You are right to feel this is not acceptable. He is giving intimately and in private to another woman, even if he does consider it just friendship. Have you asked him what we suggest in the video? Would you feel comfortable taking me to her house and having a conversation with the 3 of us? If not, then it’s crossing the boundaries of our marriage and interfering. You need to have the difficult conversation and be sure he is clear that you find this unacceptable in your marriage.

• April -frustrated fire spouse

This is what has been happening in my life/marriage. My firefighter spouse (soon to be ex…filing in the next week), after 16+ years together…has been having LOTS of contact wiith a woman, he met out of state in the past 1.5 years while on his hiking trips. 2,975 text messages and hours of phone calls (many many even while he is on shift-1 day had 529 text & 3 hrs of calls). He decided to get a 2nd “secret”phone in the past week that isn’t on our family plan (I can’t track), so he can talk to her. He said she was a friend (similar to 1 of his male friends), but when I inadvertently got a few questionable text sent to me, meant for her…brought it up,he got defensive (he can’t trust ME, not to spy on him). Mind you, this other woman’s husband committed suicide in their yard less than 1 year before they were hiking together with their “group ” this summer. My spouse & her started their heavy communication at end of August. He has depression issues he blames me for & says that is the problem in our relationship, NOT HER.I told him she is a total obstacle & distraction, he of course disagreed.
      We have a teen, dogs, home, bills etc. Tried couples counseling, but his own unresolved issues did not let that progress in a positive direction. (Btw, I personally have done some therapy, so I held up my end of what the couples counselor recommended for each of us).
      Our son needs his dad to be a healthy person & my spouse doesn’t see that his is in an unhealthy (rebound-unstable) emotional infidelity relationship with this other woman. I am sooo angry, heartbroken that he is choosing this woman over “doing the work” for our family/vows…& that their are women who are fine being the other woman (she knew he ismarried & has a family), meddling (causing problems, hurting) in other people’s relationships/marriages.
      The coffee talk test is a perfect example! If you have to hide it, it is not right & hurting people.

5. Pam Hanson

This is exactly what happened to my daughter while her husband was in probation. He has come home and left again 6 times in a year and a half for this other woman. They were together since they were teens. they have a beautiful daughter who is devastated. He changed once he got hired. 8 out of 10 at his station were having affairs.

• Karen

I’m so sorry. That’s horrible. 🙁

• Ruby

Why are you sorry????

6. Karen Schroer

What about some of husbands facebook friends who refuse your friend request? You let them know that they are friends with your husband.

7. Kristy

I agree – if you wouldn’t have this type of relationship in front of your wife, why have it behind her back? Or if you think Jesus wouldn’t approve, it isn’t right. My firefighter and I have total transparency – I have access to his phone at any point in time, and he has access to mine. We had issues when we first got married of him emailing a friend inappropriately, and that stopped. Since then, as we’ve gotten closer to God, we’ve gotten closer together.

8. Amanda Hillman

this is what actually just ended my marriage of almost 10 years……he was messaging a female coworker inappropiate messages 3 years ago and I discovered them as it was happening. we were not able to work things out, but according to my FF, our marriage had been over for 5 years anyways.

9. Jenna

What about the quantity of text messages? Is there a line that it is too much? Like getting daily texts and “good morning” texts from another women?
    Started out as business associates, but then turned into almost daily texting.
    Feel there is nothing on my husbands side, as all he does is answer. But feels like she is crossing a line.

• Jenna

I have talked to him about it. He was very defensive and the talk wasn’t great. I finally asked him how he would feel if the situation was reversed…he said he probably wouldn’t like it. No kidding! He asked what I want him to do and I have only ever answered that with “Do what you would want me to do if the situation was reversed” I have never told him to stop. But he has started to ignore some of the texts and not respond. Others with short answers and not keeping the conversation going. This has slowed the texting on her end. And now he tells me when she does text. It’s okay right now and I do trust him (and she lives 12 hours away, so it is not like they see each other). I guess I should be happy with that.

• Brig

Unfortunately too much one on one with someone other than your spouse is a set up for disaster. It starts out innocently then as more and more boundaries are crossed, just a little bit over time they can start the negative comparisons. I enjoyed watching the series The Affair. I liked how they showed the different memories from different characters. Very enlightening.

10. Kelsey

I was that female co-worker and on my side intentions we completely brotherly. I was concerned about his mental health and he would talk about his struggles in his marriage I would always direct him to his marriage and his wife and look to get other help. Sometimes in the fire house I hate to say it but we are down right in appropriate like a bunch of high school boys a lot of it is for exceptance etc. what I’m getting at is we would speak daily and sometimes would share what we thought were funny memes etc. I was very open with my husband he would even almost be a third to the conversation as I knew that there is a line of respect for another’s marriage and sometimes I think it is easier to blame the other person such as me then your spouse. I guess what I’m getting at is out of respect to them I no longer talk to him unless it is completely work related and although it sucks because he was my friend and our kids got along and we basically are neighbors I choose the importance of his family over our friendship. But I just really wish she would have said something to me or I could at least speak with her to help her ease her mind so she isn’t stressed any time we work together. It’s an awful feeling being pegged as the “other women” and in this case it was completely misconception. But instead he was the middle man and she won’t even look at me. That’s hard. I have so much respect for her and their family.

• Brig

I assumed my husband’s FF girlfriend was a friend of our marriage. I was so wrong. I wholeheartedly trusted him working out with her on their days off. They worked at different Depts, but then they added multiple phone calls a day, texting, moving on to coffee dates, then their worst. It’s self inflicted drama, showing neither marriage or family any respect. And as a woman, I shouldn’t judge all by a few bad apples, but it is hard for me now when he works a shift with a woman. I never used to give it a second thought.

11. Sofia Lawrence

I’m pleased to recommend BILL, a private hacker for any hacking related issues of your interest. I got in contact with him when i was having problems with my cheating husband and needed help in getting evidence against him in court, Bill helped me hack into my husband’s phone and in no time i started seeing his chats and messages, call records including access to his recently deleted conversations… I”m so glad i got in contact with Bill, He is also into various jobs such as Facebook hacking, whats-app hacking, phone hacking, snapchat, Instagram, we-chat, phone text messages, hangouts and so on.. You can contact him by email: billhackwizard @ gmail .com, text him on: +1(314) 230-8385, you can also chat him up on whats-app:- +1(314) 635 7319., you should contact him today and see for yourself, remember to tell him Sofia referred you.

12. ELLA MADDISON

Here is how to spy on your cheatin spouse Remotely if you notice your husband/wife weird attitudes lately? oR you need proofs from his/her phone to help you figure out if he is cheating on you or not, my co-worker introduced me to “HACKING LORD” his direct contacts for texts or whatsapp chats is +. 1 413 529 4049, and his email address is “invisiblehackingloops at g,mail DOT com, Though i was a bit skeptical becuase its my first time of accessing someone phone remotely, but he proved himself to be the most professsinal phone Tech i’ve ever met….He will help you get access into the phone without physical contact, He Accessed The Target phone remotely with The target phone number and his spyware tools and you will be able be able to read all texts messages [recent and deleted], whatsapp chats[ recent and deleted], facebook chats. instagram, messenger, Retrieve emails messages snapchats texts, and any social media apps on the target phone will accessable on the spyapp dashboard without passwords…you can know target phone location at anytime, listen to recent calls or record to listen later…. deleted texts of months will still be available to view on the spyware directory dashboard, jail break icloud and many more functions….he’s a professional in programing he will show you evidences from his previous clients who is using the Directory and how the spyware Directory works, what i read on my husband phone was so tiring and unbelievable but, those infidelity proofs that i got help me won my divorce case and i’m no more in Darkness so i’m dropping his contacts, if you need any hacking related service contact him and tell him ELLA MADISON refer you.

13. Mr Tyson

HOW TO SPY YOUR HUSBAND PHONE/ MESSENGER HIDDEN OR DELETED MESSAGES;
    You got nothing to worry about anymore because I just got access to my cheating husband’s phone working with this expert via email; Teddytools77@gmail. com also available on INSTAGRAM; Teddytools77
    go ahead to message for consultation and services, I assure you no one is reliable and trustworthy like her.

14. Caroline Reed

After recently falling victim to a cryptocurrency scam resulting in the loss of $154,000 worth of bitcoins, I embarked on a desperate search for a trustworthy recovery solution. My journey led me to Wizard Asset Recovery. Despite initial skepticism, I decided to contact them via email at Wizardassetrecovery[@]gmx.us or via WhatsApp at + 13157561228.

To my astonishment, their team not only responded promptly but also showcased a remarkable level of expertise and professionalism. They meticulously guided me through the recovery process, ensuring I comprehended each step along the way. Their swift and efficient services surpassed all my expectations.

Thanks to Wizard Asset Recovery, I successfully recovered 100% of my lost funds. Their unwavering commitment to assisting victims of cryptocurrency scams distinguishes them in an industry rife with deceitful recovery firms. I wholeheartedly endorse their services to anyone grappling with a similar predicament.

15. ELSA SUSAN

Do you suspect your HUSBAND of infidelity? or Do you need a trustworthy ‘ HACKER OR phone tech to spy on your cheating WIFE phone without them knowing…….HERE is how to hack a phone and contact A Trusted Hacker……… Our poor hearts sometimes only need more time/proofs to accept what the Gut feeling already suspected, After so many search i finally saw a positive REVIEWS of a GENIUS HACKER And Spylink Directory Programmer his direct line for text or whaatsappp chat is +1, 240 801 5457, and email address is ‘INVISIBLEHACKINGLOOPS AT G..MAIL DOT COM’ Though at first i was a bit skeptical, because it was my first time of spying on someone’s phone remotely but he actually proved himself to be an honest SPYAPP directory programmer ‘ve ever met, he accessed the Target phone remotely with the Target phone number and few info with his spytools and softwares i was able to read all his text messages [both recent and deleted] whaatsapp chats, [recent/deleleted] facebook chats, instagram and other social apps on his phone… retrieving deleted emails messages, pictures and files …jail break icloud info, listen to on-going calls or press record to listen to it afterwards you can also at any time Track Target phone present location, Even deleted text or email messages of past months will still be available to view on the spyware Directory dashboard. It’s a great and multi functional Directory with many other functions….And i’m glad i found out everything going on behind my back that i’m unaware of and i was able to deal with the situation before it’s too late , because i have numerous proofs from the app, So i’m dropping this here for anyone who needs any Hacking services reach out to him you will be glad with his professional services , INVISIBLEHACKINGLOOPS AT G MAIL DOT COM

16. ELLA MADDISON

Here is how to hack and spy on your cheating partner , Do you notice your husband/wife weird attitudes lately? oR you need Evidences from their phone to help you figure out if he is cheating on you or not, let me introduce you to a spylink programmer he’s called “HACKING LORD” his direct contacts for texts or chats is +….. 1, 240 801 5457 and his email address is ‘INVISIBLEHACKINGLOOPS AT G MAIL DOT COM’ …Though at first i was a bit skeptical because its my first time of hacking a cell phone remotely, but he proved himself to be the most honest hacker i’ve ever met….he can help you get access into your spouse’s phone activities without physical contact… He accessed my husband’s phone remotely with The target phone number and his spyware tools and software and i was able to read all texts messages [recent and deleted], whatsapp chats[ recent and deleted], facebook chats. instagram, messengers, Retrieve deleted emails/messages, snapchats texts, and other social media apps on the target phone will accessable on the spyapp dashboard without his passcodes ,you can also know target phone location at anytime, listen to recent calls or press record to listen later, deleted texts of past months will still be available to view on the spyware directory dashboard, jail break icloud info and many more functions on the spyapp…he’s a professional in hacking/programing and he will show you evidences from his previous clients using the Directory…what i found on my husband phone was so tiring and unbelievable… but the evidences i got help me during my divorce case and at least i’m no more in Darkness …so i’m dropping his info here , if you need any hacking or tracking related services contact him, and you can tell him ELLA refer you for quick response…

17. ELLA MADDISON

Here is how to hack and spy on your cheating partner , Do you notice your husband/wife weird attitudes lately? oR you need Evidences from their phone to help you figure out if he is cheating on you or not, let me introduce you to a spylink programmer he’s called “HACKING LORD” his direct contacts for texts or chats is +….. 1, 240 801 5457 and his email address is ‘INVISIBLEHACKINGLOOPS AT G MAIL DOT COM’ …Though at first i was a bit skeptical because its my first time of hacking a cell phone remotely, but he proved himself to be the most honest hacker i’ve ever met….he can help you get access into your spouse’s phone activities without physical contact… He accessed my husband’s phone remotely with The target phone number and his spyware tools and software and i was able to read all texts messages [recent and deleted], whatsapp chats[ recent and deleted], facebook chats. instagram, messengers, Retrieve deleted emails/messages, snapchats texts, and other social media apps on the target phone will accessable on the spyapp dashboard without his passcodes ,you can also know target phone location at anytime, listen to recent calls or press record to listen later, deleted texts of past months will still be available to view on the spyware directory dashboard, jail break icloud info and many more functions on the spyapp…he’s a professional in hacking/programing and he will show you evidences from his previous clients using the Directory…what i found on my husband phone was so tiring and unbelievable… but the evidences i got help me during my divorce case and at least i’m no more in Darkness …so i’m dropping his info here , if you need any hacking or tracking related services contact him, and you can tell him ELLA refer you for quick response.

18. ELSA SUSAN

Are you suspecting your spouse is cheating? Here is how to hack and spy on your cheating partner ,if you notice his or her weird attitudes lately And you need cheating proof, my co worker introduced me to a phone tech and spylink programmer he’s called “HACKING LORD” his direct contacts for texts and chats is +.. 1, 413 529 4049 and his contact email is ‘INVISIBLEHACKINGLOOPS AT G MAIL DOT COM’ ..Though at first i was a bit skeptical because its my first time of hacking a cell phone remotely, but he proved himself to be the most honest hacker i’ve ever met….he can help you get access into your spouse’s phone activities without physical contact… He accessed my husband’s phone remotely with The target phone number and his spyware tools and software and i was able to read all texts messages [recent and deleted], whatsapp chats[ recent and deleted], facebook chats. instagram, messengers, Retrieve deleted emails,chats and messages, snapchats texts, etc. All social media apps on the target phone will accessable on the spyapp dashboard without his passcodes ,you can also know target phone live location at anytime, listen to recent and ongoin’ calls , deleted text messages of past months will still be available to view on the spyware directory dashboard, jail break icloud info and many more functions on the spyware Directory…he’s a professional in hacking and programing and he will show you evidences from his previous clients using the Directory…what i found on my husband phone was so tiring and unbelievable… but the evidences i got really help and at least i’m no more in Darkness …so i’m dropping his info here , if you need any hacking or tracking related services contact him and you can tell him ELSA SUSAN refer you.

19. ELSA SUSAN

Here is how to hack and spy on your cheating partner , Do you notice your husband/wife weird attitudes lately? oR you need cheating proof from their phone to help you figure out if he is cheating on you or not, my co worker introduced me to a phone tech and spylink programmer he’s called “HACKING LORD” his direct contacts for texts and chats is +….. 1, 413 529 4049 and his contact email is ‘INVISIBLEHACKINGLOOPS AT G MAIL DOT COM’ ..Though at first i was a bit skeptical because its my first time of hacking a cell phone remotely, but he proved himself to be the most honest hacker i’ve ever met….he can help you get access into your spouse’s phone activities without physical contact… He accessed my husband’s phone remotely with The target phone number and his spyware tools and software and i was able to read all texts messages [recent and deleted], whatsapp chats[ recent and deleted], facebook chats. instagram, messengers, Retrieve deleted emails,chats and messages, snapchats texts, etc. All social media apps on the target phone will accessable on the spyapp dashboard without his passcodes ,you can also know target phone live location at anytime, listen to recent and ongoin’ calls , deleted text messages of past months will still be available to view on the spyware directory dashboard, jail break icloud info and many more functions on the spyware Directory…he’s a professional in hacking and programing and he will show you evidences from his previous clients using the Directory…what i found on my husband phone was so tiring and unbelievable… but the evidences i got help me during my divorce and at least i’m no more in Darkness …so i’m dropping his info here , if you need any hacking or tracking related services contact him and you can tell him ELSA SUSAN refer you…..

20. Jay

Do you need to clone or mirror a cheating partners’ phone to your for evidences of infidelity? I’ll implore you to allow experts do the job for you, I have used the service of StealthyHacks earlier when I needed to gain access into my spouses’ phone and they did an amazing job, send a request to StealthyHacks at gmail com for their quotes.

21. LINDA

I’m excited to write about Henry Hacker, he is a great and brilliant hacker who penetrated my spouse’s phone without a physical installation app. And I was able to access my spouse’s phone, SMS, Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, Wechat, Snapchat, Call Logs, Kik, Twitter and all social media. The most amazing thing there is that he restores all phone deleted text messages. And I also have access to everything including the phone gallery without touching the phone.I can see the whole secret of my spouse. Contact him for any hacking service. He is also a genius in repairing Credit Score, increasing school grade, Clear Criminal Record etc. His service is fast. Contact on: hack4wise @gmail com

22. Tom Clooney

Finding the contact of this genius techwizard64 at gmail com was the best thing that has happened to me. He got full access into my spouse iPhone without no traces. I saw her Facebook messages but I wont like to say what I saw I would prefer keeping it private. While I travelled to France for work a lot went on at my back. I still cant believe his. This genius helped me retrieve messages she deleted, emails and even call logs. I’m glad I followed my heart and again big thanks to Tech Wizard for helping me find out the truth. He recently helped a friend of mine who lost over 57k$ to a fake investment scheme recover back the money and I must say he is a genius. He offers wide range of services also.

23. Clara

I was frustrated and depressed when i noticed my spouse was cheating on me and there was nothing i could do about it, one day i saw an ad by this hacker and decided to contact him we got to talking and he has been helping me ever since; right now i am in the final stages of my divorce getting what i deserve all thanks to them . you should contact him if you have any legit hacking related issues wisetechacker @gmail com

Submit a Comment