Not much commentary for today’s topic. We all have mental energy, but what we do with it is up to us. Walk through the next few questions and reflect on where you are spending mental energy in wasteful ways.
- What is occupying space in your brain? Anything taking up residence where it shouldn’t? (Worry, anxiety over things you have no control. Past hurts you haven’t let go of.)
- What are your mental blockers and barriers? (I’ll never be able to do _____________. Yes but they ___________. It’s too late to change ______________.)
- What positive tracks do you need to replay in your head to replace the negative ones?
- What people in your life expand and enlighten your mental energy? What people enter your life and bring their issues and garbage and you let them store it in your valuable brain real estate?
- When is the last time something really stretched your mental comfort zone? How is your memory? Short term / long term?
- I need to change this thought pattern _____________.
Reflect on your answers and take action to improve your mental energy.
Tip: Is mental energy too much for you to tackle on your own? Seek out wise counsel from trusted loved ones, your pastor or a mentor. Counselors and therapists are also wonderful tools to add to your life as needed. There is no shame in seeking someone to help you sort out your thoughts and emotions, in fact we personally recommend it!
Latest posts by Jessie - (see all)
- New Traditions in the Face of a Covid Thanksgiving - November 19, 2020
- Fire Family Protocols: Lessen the Spread of Contagions from the Firehouse to Home - March 19, 2020
- Social Distancing: Covid-19 - March 19, 2020