Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken with Pesto Pasta and Zucchini
1 pkg. bavette pasta
8 oz. cream cheese
1 (7 1/2 oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
1 1/2 c. Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 T. sea salt
2 T. black pepper
2 T. Italian seasoning
1 (6.3 oz.) jar pesto alla Genovese
2 T. red pepper flakes
- Preheat over to 425F. Fill an 8 quart pot with water, add salt, and bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 16 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In a food processor or blender combine cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes and 1 cup of the grated Romano cheese. Blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat at medium heat until oil is slightly sizzling and hot. Place chicken breasts into the skillet and cook until both sides are browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Once both sides of the chicken are browned, leave them in the skillet and top each breast with the sun dried tomato cream mixture; approximately 4 tablespoons per breast.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove skillet from the oven and allow chicken to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer or the extra course side of a cheese grater, grate the zucchini length wise to make long strands.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, pesto, grated/spiralized zucchini, remaining 1/2 cup of pecorino Romano and 2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes and toss together. Serve with the baked chicken.
Want to Eat Like A Firefighter?
“Eat Like A Firefighter” is a collection of recipes and tips from firefighters and their families who have learned that staying healthy saves lives, staying flexible saves marriages and staying together through it all is family.” This cookbook is a padded cover 3 ring binder with full color tabbed dividers, 300 recipes and 20 additional pages full of cooking tips for health, simplicity and other firehouse tips that anyone can employ.
Healthy and Simple. Scalable for large or small crews. Perfect for families and anyone needing flexible, tasty and easy to fix dishes.
Limited Qualities remain. Get your copy while supplies last. There will not be reorders of this cookbook so be sure to get your orders in before we run out!
Latest posts by Amanda Smith (see all)
- Mac & Cheese Mania! - November 25, 2015
- Black Pepper and Molasses Pulled Chicken Sandwiches - November 24, 2015
- Peachy Crockpot Pork Chops - November 22, 2015