When trust is broken in your relationship, thoughts like this may enter your mind:
- Why did he just pick up his phone? Who is it?
- Is he really stuck in traffic on his way home from the station?
- Are the girls he says are “just friends” really just that, or is there more to it?
- Will he put me first in this situation?
- How do I know he is telling the truth?
- What is he looking at online?
Mistrust can not only cause damaging thoughts, but can affect you physically too. You may find yourself feeling:
- Like you can’t sleep
- Heightened anxiety
- A lack of motivation and happiness
- Not caring for yourself in typical ways
- Constant nervousness
Hope is not lost when trust is broken.
Marriage is not easy. We all have days when we feel like throwing in the towel. It takes a lot of work to maintain a healthy relationship, and even more when the relationship has been damaged in the trust department.
Just remember, it is possible to rebuild trust in a marriage or relationship.
Here’s one important perspective to keep. When trust is lost, it won’t be regained overnight. It takes time and repetition to rebuild trust in any relationship, but most especially in marriage, where you vowed to honor and trust each other for a lifetime.
If you are looking for more tools to get you through this journey to rebuild trust in your marriage, we suggest our partners at One Extraordinary Marriage.
Tony and Alisa DiLorenzo have known mistrust in their own relationship, and they are teaming up to discuss ways they have learned in their marriage to rebuild and regain that trust they thought was permanently gone. Learn more about:
- The #1 method they used to rescue their own marriage from the brink of divorce…twice
- A step-by-step process to rebuild trust
- What the biggest mistake couples make when trying to rebound from betrayal
- 5 real world examples you can start using today to being the rebuilding process….and so much more!
You are invited to join the webinar, “I Love You But I Don’t Trust You: 4 Simple Strategies To Build, Maintain, and Regain Trust In Your Relationship” on Thursday, May19th at 6:00pm (PST) presented by Tony and Alisa DiLorenzo of ONE Extraordinary Marriage.
I Love You But I Don't Trust You Webinar by ONE Extraordinary Marriage
When: Thursday May 19th 2016
Time: 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST
Latest posts by Jessie - (see all)
- New Traditions in the Face of a Covid Thanksgiving - November 19, 2020
- Fire Family Protocols: Lessen the Spread of Contagions from the Firehouse to Home - March 19, 2020
- Social Distancing: Covid-19 - March 19, 2020